The Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan
A Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan May be the Answer
"Why should I have a Medigap Supplement Insurance Plan?" asked Betty.
"You require a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan because regular Medigap insurance plan will cover a majority of your medical expenses but that may not be enough," replied Mr. Eric Richardson, an expert on Medigap plans.
"Even when you are covered by a Medigap insurance plan, you are still responsible for paying for large out of pocket expenses . A Medicare Supplement Insurance plan takes care of these additional expenses", concluded Mr. Richardson.
Even when an American citizen is covered under a regular Medigap insurance plan, he still has to pay expenses like: -
• Annual deductibles.
• Coinsurance on hospital and skilled nursing.
• Daily payments in the hospital .
The absence of a Medigap Supplement insurance plan causes many people to meet these additional expenses.
In these days of rising healthcare expenses, millions of Americans face the problems of paying exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses. Such payments are a real problem for low and medium income people.
An affordable solution to such expenses not covered by regular Medigap health insurance plan is a Medicare Insurance plan. The Medigap insurance policies are personal insurance policies purchased and paid for by individual clients. There are ten basic standard plans for these Medicare Supplement insurance policies. However all ten standards of Medigap Supplement insurance plan are not applicable in all states in the United States .
The basic benefits that are offered by every Supplement insurance coverage in Medigap are as follows: -
• A Medicare Supplement Insurance plan provides for payment of all co-insurance during hospitalization services covered under the Medicare Part A;
• A Medigap policy reimburses any cost payable towards additional stay in the hospital beyond the limits prescribed by the Medigap coverage up to a maximum of 365 days.
• A Medigap policy arranges for payment of any coinsurance for the non-hospital services covered under Medicare Part B.
• A Medigap Supplement insurance plan pays for the cost of the first 3 pints of blood used in a plan year.
That is not all, there are Medigap Supplement health insurance plans that provide additional Medicare benefits such as : -
• Reimbursement of any annual deductibles paid by the client,
• Coinsurance to pay for skilled nursing,
• Medicare Part D Prescription drug coverage, both limited and extended,
• Health emergency expenses incurred during foreign travel,
• Expenses incurred for health care during recover at home,
• Expenses incurred for preventive health care, if any.
There are many types of Medigap supplement health insurance plans. A Medigap supplement health insurance plan is essentially a gap filling plan and often referred to as a Medigap plan. Unlike life insurance, a Medigap Supplement insurance plan covers health care expenses incurred by a patient that is not covered by the Medigap health insurance plan. Catering to the ten standard plans, there are twelve types of Medigap Supplement insurance plans from A through L. You may avail one of these Medicare Supplement Insurance plans depending on your needs and desires.
People who are at or above sixty-five years of age, are in the End Stage Renal Disease, or have some form of physical disability, you may find the valuable information on this web site that will assist you in understanding the different types of options available to compensate a person additional health care expenses. Information on Medicare Secondary insurance plan given on this website is an effort from our side to serve you and we hope that you will gain considerably from it and will help you in selecting a supplement to basic Medigap.
We are well versed with this industry and our expertise will assist you in coming to a wise conclusion when choosing a supplement to traditional Medicare. There are many options available to you in selecting a Medigap supplement health insurance plan.
We invite you to visit our Best Medigap Supplement home page which will provide additional information to you. For further details of our different available Medicare Supplement Insurance plan please navigate to Medicare Supplement policy: Listing by Plan page where you will find all information on the choices available. We wish you success in making the most advantageous decision for yourself in choosing the correct Medicare Supplement Insurance policy.